Privacy & Competition Rules
1. Why we collect your personal information
Our activities are focused around our radio license/s granted by the Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA). These license gives us the opportunity to broadcast radio 24 hours per day throughout the year on 24 stations across Victoria to provide coverage of Racing and sport across Victoria, Australia and internationally.
For our listeners to participate in certain programs or activities on our station/s, RSN need to collect some information from those who want to be involved, enabling us to communicate with them and provide the requested services.
2. What personal and sensitive information we collect
The information that we collect about you will vary depending on the nature of involvement and the activities that you choose to be involved in. We endeavour to only ask you for information that is reasonably necessary for the activities you seek to be involved in. You are not required to provide the personal and/or sensitive information that we request, but if you chose not to provide it, it may hinder or prevent your involvement or inclusion in some activities and communications.
The information that we may collect includes:
- contact details (name, address, telephone numbers, email).
- personal details (birthdate, marital status, gender, etc.).
- family details (spouse, children, etc.).
- education qualifications and occupation information (profession, job title, etc.).
3. How we collect your information
We collect information directly from you unless it is unreasonable or impractical to do so.
We collect personal information about listeners, advertisers, employees, contractors, and visitors by:
- any of the forms on our website, mobile app, other electronic means, or paper forms (contact form, newsletter sign-up, competition entries, etc.);
- face-to-face meetings.
- email or social media message or conversation.
- SMS/text messages.
- phone calls and
- voice or image recording.
We will advise you of the purposes for collecting the information at the point that it is collected, and of any third parties to whom the information is usually disclosed.
4. Unsolicited collection of personal or sensitive information
At times we may discover personal or sensitive information about you from a third party. If it is not necessary for conducting RSN 927 – Racing & Sport activities, or we are unable to advise you, we will take steps to destroy or de-identify the information if it is lawful and reasonable to do so.
5. Security and holding of your personal information
We take reasonable steps to protect the personal and sensitive information we hold from interference, misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification, or disclosure.
Our IT systems are password protected and comply with applicable security standards Only authorised personnel are permitted to access your data. Where we use cloud storage, we take all reasonable steps to ensure that the providers we use have privacy policies in place that comply with Australian privacy regulations and principles.
It is our policy to permanently de-identify personal information where reasonable and possible and destroy personal information once there is no longer a legal or other need for us to retain it.
6. How we use your information
We only use your personal and sensitive information for the reason we collect it as outlined above and for the purpose(s) for which it was collected and for any other purposes that you consent to, or as otherwise reasonably expected or permitted by law.
Ways that we may use your information include to:
- Give you access to our websites and to the content and other areas on our websites.
- Enter you into competitions and promotions (upon request).
- Marketing products and services (or those of other people) to you, including by email.
- Manage and respond to any complaints or queries you have in relation to our services.
- Inform you of changes to our websites, or our business, or to the content and other things available from the websites.
- Conduct our internal business purposes – for example, to research and develop the websites and our other products and services.
8. Direct marketing
At times we will use your personal information to directly communicate with you about topics which we think you would be interested in, and be of benefit to you, such as events or offers. These communications will typically be in the form of email or SMS text message. We will always give you the ability to opt-out of these communications
9. Accessing your personal information
You can gain free access to your personal and sensitive information by requesting it from us. In some circumstances, we may need to deny your access request, for example where:
- Granting you access would have an unreasonable impact on someone else’s privacy.
- Any other reason as consistent with the Privacy Act.
In such a situation we will provide you with an explanation in writing for why access is denied, including information on the process for a complaint regarding the refusal.
10. Correcting your personal information
We take all reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we hold and collect is relevant, accurate, complete and up to date. However, the accuracy of the information we hold depends to a large extent on the information you provide.
Please help us by:
- Letting us know if there are any errors in the information we hold about you.
- Keeping us informed of any changes to your information, such as changes to your name or address.
11. Online privacy
We are committed to protect your privacy on our websites and mobile app. All access to our public websites and mobile app is anonymous.
When you visit our public websites and mobile app, a record of your visit is logged which includes the following data:
- The date, time, and length of your visit.
- Your IP address and/or domain name.
- Your operating system and device type (type of browser and platform).
- The pages and resources you accessed and the documents you downloaded.
A cookie is a small file with a unique ID which your browser saves to your computer. It does not contain any personally identifiable information, but it enables websites to track visitor movements and preferences. We may place a cookie on your device to enable us to deliver ads about our services or promotions to you when you visit third-party websites that use the same Google advertising platform. This cookie only knows that you visited our website or app and does not contain any personally identifiable data. If you prefer to disable cookies, instructions for doing so can be found in the Help section of your web browser.
Note that disabling cookies on our website will prevent us from being able to display advertisements to you on third-party websites that promote our services.
Our website and mobile app may contain links to third party websites, and third-party websites may also have links to our website.
We encourage you to read the privacy policies of any website or mobile app you link to from our website or mobile app.
12. Disclosure of your information
At times we may make some personal information available to strategic partners that work with us to provide services, but only where we have your consent to do so.
Any disclosure of your personal information to recipients other than our strategic partners will only occur if we have your permission, or:
- The disclosure is required or authorised by law or court order.
- Doing so does not breach the Australian Privacy Principles.
- The recipient of the information is subject to a law or binding scheme that has the effect of protecting the information that is substantially like the way in which the Australian Privacy Principles protect the information.
- We may sometimes share non-personal, non-sensitive, and de-identified information with research organizations.
13. Privacy questions and complaints
We read all communications and reply where appropriate as soon as possible. To effectively address your complaint, we may request further information from you about it before we address it. If you are not satisfied with our response, you may refer your complaint to the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC) on http://www.oaic.gov.au/ .
RSN 927 – Racing & Sport
400 Epsom Rd,
Flemington, VIC 3031
Version 2: 25 July 2023
RSN Racing & Sport General Competition Rules
1. All entrants must be 18-years or older to participate in any competition that involves prizes of any wagering or betting products or alcohol.
2. Unless otherwise stated in the specific terms and conditions of a competition, no person may enter any contest more than once.
3. All prizes, unless otherwise specified, must be collected from the RSN reception desk during business hours, within 28 days from the date of winning. It is NOT the responsibility of RSN to notify winners of the time remaining. It is the sole responsibility of the winner to collect their prize.
4. All individuals winning a prize from RSN are ineligible from winning a further prize from RSN for a period of six months. RSN reserves the right to withhold prizes from individuals who do not adhere to this ruling.
5. Prizes to be claimed from RSN reception desk must be collected in person, with appropriate identification. (eg. Drivers licence, passport, student card where photo is included). In special situations, and subject to the discretion of RSN, a winner may nominate a designated representative to collect a prize on their behalf. The representative is required to provide written authorisation from the winner, and photograph identification of themselves and the winner.
6. In the event of RSN posting a prize to a winner, the prize will be issued within 28 days- however, the station takes no responsibility for the safe and effective postal delivery of the item.
7. All prize winners will be notified of their status via mail, email or telephone.
8. All prizes are non-transferable and must (where applicable) be used on the dates specified and may not be redeemed for cash.
9. In the event of a winner choosing to not accept/collect their prize, they forfeit any and all claims to that prize. The prize may then be utilised at the discretion of RSN.
10. All prizes are accepted at the risk of the winner, no responsibility will be taken by for any liability, cost, loss or expense arising out of acceptance of any prizes or participation in any contest.
11. RSN will take no responsibility for any/all taxes incurred in relation to their collected prize.
12. If a specific prize becomes unavailable, RSN may substitute a replacement prize at its discretion.
13. As a condition of entry, RSN maintains the right to publicise the contestants’ names, characters, likeness or voice recordings for any promotion or matter incidental to the competition.
14. All entries sent via the internet are done so at the risk of the entrant. RSN takes no responsibility for entries not received due to internet service difficulties.
15. RSN may incorporate information from entrants in any contest(s) in any database to be used for the purpose of its business.
16. If in the course of a contest:
a telephone line breaks up or drop out or
there is a dispute arising out of the use of telephone lines in a contest (including situations where multiple lines are used) or
two telephone lines are crossed during a phone-in contest
RSN reserves the right to:
disqualify the relevant caller or callers
award the prize to another person according to its absolute discretion.
17. RSN, its agencies, affiliates, sponsors and representatives are not responsible for defective prizes or misuse of any prize, or for any claims, liability, loss or damage arising out of or in connection with any contest promoted by RSN.
18. Employees of RSN, its agencies, affiliates, sponsors or representatives and their immediate families are ineligible to enter any contest run by RSN.
19. Additions or deletions to these rules are subject to the discretion of RSN and may be varied or modified at any time between contests.
20. RSN may terminate any contest at any time at its absolute discretion. In the event of such a termination, RSN may elect not to award any prize in respect of the terminated contest.
21. A failure by RSN to enforce any of the General Contest Rules in any instance(s) will not give rise to any claim by any person.
TYPES OF COOKIES
The following types of cookies may be used when you visit the Site:
Advertising cookies are placed on your computer by advertisers and ad servers in order to display advertisements that are most likely to be of interest to you. These cookies allow advertisers and ad servers to gather information about your visits to the Site and other websites, alternate the ads sent to a specific computer, and track how often an ad has been viewed and by whom. These cookies are linked to a computer and do not gather any personal information about you.
Analytics cookies monitor how users reached the Site, and how they interact with and move around once on the Site. These cookies let us know what features on the Site are working the best and what features on the Site can be improved.
Our cookies are “first-party cookies”, and can be either permanent or temporary. These are necessary cookies, without which the Site won’t work properly or be able to provide certain features and functionalities. Some of these may be manually disabled in your browser, but may affect the functionality of the Site.
Personalization cookies are used to recognize repeat visitors to the Site. We use these cookies to record your browsing history, the pages you have visited, and your settings and preferences each time you visit the Site.
Security cookies help identify and prevent security risks. We use these cookies to authenticate users and protect user data from unauthorized parties.
Site Management Cookies
Site management cookies are used to maintain your identity or session on the Site so that you are not logged off unexpectedly, and any information you enter is retained from page to page. These cookies cannot be turned off individually, but you can disable all cookies in your browser.
Third-party cookies may be place on your computer when you visit the Site by companies that run certain services we offer. These cookies allow the third parties to gather and track certain information about you. These cookies can be manually disabled in your browser.
CONTROL OF COOKIES
Most browsers are set to accept cookies by default. However, you can remove or reject cookies in your browser’s settings. Please be aware that such action could affect the availability and functionality of the Site.
For more information on how to control cookies, check your browser or device’s settings for how you can control or reject cookies, or visit the following links:
In addition, you may opt-out of some third-party cookies through the Network Advertising Initiative’s Opt-Out Tool .
OTHER TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
In addition to cookies, we may use web beacons, pixel tags, and other tracking technologies on the Site to help customize the Site and improve your experience. A “web beacon” or “pixel tag” is tiny object or image embedded in a web page or email. They are used to track the number of users who have visited particular pages and viewed emails, and acquire other statistical data. They collect only a limited set of data, such as a cookie number, time and date of page or email view, and a description of the page or email on which they reside. Web beacons and pixel tags cannot be declined. However, you can limit their use by controlling the cookies that interact with them.
RSN 927 – Racing & Sport
400 Epsom Rd,
Flemington, VIC 3031
Version 2: 25 July 2023